GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Due to its many environmental benefits, artificial turf is naturally a green product. Discover more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Reserves millions of gallons of water each year
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Eradicates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing machinery
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is approximated to account for nearly 9 billion gallons of water per day.
In some regions, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Houston resident's water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is consumed to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft installation, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons annually, or up to $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential lawn products are warrantied for 15 years, so over the life of the lawn, you can save around $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential properties in Houston is $0.20 square foot each year. For a 1,000 sq ft lawn, that equates to savings of $200 each year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were built up per year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The normal resident spends 150 hours per year caring for the lawn. Synthetic turf eliminates that requirement.